Three of the sponsors of the bill -- primary sponsor Joe McDermott (D-Seattle), and secondary sponsors Adam Kline (D-Seattle) and Brian Weinstein (D-Mercer Island) -- are on the judiciary committee. Kline is the committee chair.
The members of that K-12 committee are as follows. Clicking on each senator's name will take you to a page where you can contact that senator. You can also look up your own district's senator by clicking here.
Senate Judiciary Committee
- Adam Kline - Chair (D-37th District, Seattle)
- Rodney Tom - Vice Chair (D-48th District, Bellevue)
- Bob McCaslin - Ranking Minority Member (R-4th District, Spokane Valley)
- Mike Carrell (R-28th District, Lakewood)
- James Hargrove (D-24th District, Hoquiam)
- Joe McDermott (D-34th District, Seattle)
- Pam Roach (R-31st District, Auburn)
- Brian Weinstein (D-41st District, Mercer Island)